As the SSL certificate installed by Qlik Sense is not issued by a trusted certificate issuer, browsers will present users with a warning each time they access the Qlik Sense Hub.
Installing a valid certificate onto the server and adding it into the proxy within Qlik Sense will remove this warning.
Note that the SSL certificate must include the Private Key for Qlik Sense to be able to use it.
- Install the new server certificate on the server:
Note down the thumbprint for the new certificate.
Install the new server certificate on the proxy node, in the Windows Certificate Store in Local Machine/Personal.
- Log onto the Qlik Management Console (QMC)
- Select Proxies in the QMC either from the start page, or from the Start drop down menu.
- Select the relevant proxy and click Edit
- Expand the Security property group
- Edit the SSL browser certificate thumbprint found in the Security property group by adding the thumbprint of the installed server certificate from step 1.
- Click Apply in the action bar to save the changes.
- Restart the Qlik Sense Proxy Service